In the Middle of Madness

Oh yes, I'm in the middle of madness.



My embroidery attic is in uproar. I am throwing crafting materials out. Yup, I've never done that before. I've always been a hoarder. And now I've got too much.

My aim is to turn this craft room back into an embroidery studio.

I've made a list of what I want to spend my time doing, and looking around my room the stuff taking up the most space didn't feature on that list. So I decided to change that.

How am I achieving my downsizing?

i. I'm giving up felting, I'm just keeping a small amount of some neutral wools and the silk tops.
ii. I'm giving up paper crafting. I'm keeping some general tools, one A4 box of cardstock, and my mount cutters, the rest I'm giving away.
iii I'm giving up knitting and crocheting. Really I never learned. I just bought some stuff!
iv. I'm breaking into my categories of books on my shelves and assessing how good they are. Are they worth their place. Does another book say it better?
v. I'm getting rid of fabric that I'll never use like Aida, and shiny, slippy dressmaking fabrics that have been mistake buys that I've not liked to admit to.

I'm only doing so much each day. When I find myself wavering, and start putting things back I stop and leave. When I come back the next day I keep remembering my aims. So far, so good. Yup, to a certain extent this room will still look cluttered. It's a workroom, not a showroom.

I really wish I had the ability to hide this stuff away in a giant cupboard. But then I'd probably not tackle it until the cupboard doors wouldn't close!

Comments

Popular Posts